Dr Rachael Sachar was born and raised in Southern California. After receiving her AA at College of the Canyons, she earned her BS in Animal Science/Pre-vet from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and her Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine from Western University of Health Sciences.
As part of her curriculum at Western University, Rachael completed numerous externships around the country at the following equine veterinary hospitals:
- Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital (Kentucky)
- Hagyard Equine Medical Institute (Kentucky)
- Peterson & Smith Equine Hospital (Florida)
- Virginia Equine Imaging (Virginia)
- Mid-Atlantic Equine Medical Center (New Jersey)
- Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center (California)
- Chino Valley Equine Hospital (California)
- San Luis Rey Equine Hospital (California)
After Graduating from veterinary school, Rachael furthered her studies under the tutelage of Dr. Charlie Boles with an intense year long internship in Buellton, CA. This internship focused on equine veterinary sports medicine, lameness and surgery.
During the next couple of years, Rachael pursued advanced formal coursework to become proficient in equine dentistry, lameness, and diagnostics. During this time, she also attained her veterinary acupuncture certification through IVAS (International Veterinary Acupuncture Society). She worked as a large animal practitioner in Agua Dulce, CA at Sweetwater Veterinary Clinic.